Thanks to Greenwoman who tagged me solely because I’m CUTE! Aww! Isn’t she SUPER sweet? Of course she is! In order to accept this cute tag I must tell you 5 things that I have watched/read in the past year. Oh! Are you in for a treat, because I love my reading and watching folks!
Let’s get down to business:
1. The Vampire Diaries: I’m talking the television show here, though I have read the books by LJ Smith. Sadly, I must say that shows got it right and the books were sorely lacking. If you love vampires (and let’s be honest, who doesn’t love a HUNKY, well-muscled vampire?) you need to watch this show. It’s early yet, only starting the third season this fall. After a few episodes you’ll be swooning over sweet and sensitive Stefan and drooling over dangerous and dark Damon. And then you’ll be totally jealous, because Elena and Katherine are played by the same actress and she gets to make out with both of them. So. Un. Fair. Check it out here: The Vampire Diaries.
2. The Mortal Instruments: If you have not read Cassanda Clare’s absolutely intense and amazing series, you need to get with the times, people! Start with City of Bones. If you’re not hooked, then you’re not alive. Which, according to recent trends, is always a possibility. If you read my blog, then you will know that I’m absolutely in love with Cassie Clare. She is my hero and one hell of an awesome writer. She draws you in, twists you around, and some how at the end you still love her for her cleverness and ingenuity. Not to mention, she’s got a hunky main character Jace! And let’s not forget everyone’s favorite man couple Magnus and Alec. They are too adorable! Oh! And they are being made into movies. It doesn’t get any better! Read about it here: The Mortal Instruments.
3. Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah. This book is amazing. It takes you through the lives of Tully and Kate, best friends all the way from childhood to adulthood. You will laugh, you will cry, you will tell everyone about the crazy things the characters do. More than anything else, this book has heart. You find a bit of yourself in the characters, you wonder “what if.” It’s a must read! (In fact, all of Kristin Hannah’s books are must reads!) Here’s her website: Kristin Hannah.
4. Seven Pounds. Okay, so maybe I watched this MORE than a year ago, but shh…don’t tell! In the spirit of keeping things secret, I will just tell you that you MUST watch this movie. It will change how you look at life. Don’t read up about it, don’t look for spoilers. Just. Watch. It. It’s possibly the movie with the best message behind it. Ever.
5. Water for Elephants. This is a two-for. I’ve read the book and watched the movie. Both are equally good. (Plus, I’m absolutely IN LOVE with Robert Pattinson. Anytime. Anywhere.) The book is rich in period goodness: It’s set in the thirties and follows the life of Jacob who is a circus worker. Incredible. Once again, this book induces laughter and tears. It’s told from two points of view, young Jacob and old Jacob. Both of which are equally witty and smart. It’ll move you. Enjoy! Here’s the trailer for the movie: Water For Elephants.
Upon review of my list, I realize that you must truly be dead to not know about these things. Regardless, I hope that I’ve enlightened you with something. Now, for the moment you’ve been waiting for! I’m going to tag three fabulous (and CUTE!!) people to complete this task!
Much love to:
1. Stephanie from Stephanie Diaz. She is an awesome writer/blogger/cool person extraordinaire, plus a fellow ACQer.
2. Ashley from Inner Owlet. Ashley (aka AM Supinger) is an ACQ groupie as well. (Seeing a trend? 😉
3. Katie from Katie On Fiction. I won a gift card to Barnes and Noble from Katie’s blog simply because she’s a nice and sweet person. Aww Katie. I bought books. That’s how much I loved the gift care. XOXO
All the best,